We are Nerds for Angry Birds | i should be mopping the floor
Homepage Projects and Crafts Free Fonts Free Printables and SVG Files Printables Journals and Planners Facebook Covers and Device Wallpapers Spring Projects and Printables


We are Nerds for Angry Birds

Photobucket

Made the boys Angry Birds for their Bento boxes tomorrow. 
Hoping for mass hysteria when they open the lids!

I've seen these in several places on the web, but none have too much info on how to construct. 

1. I took the Babybel and used a paring knife to cut a semi-circle from the bottom part of the red wax (I made sure to cut off the pull-tab, so it wouldn't interfere with the design). 
2. I used the wrong side of a cake decorating tip (use what ya got!) to cut out the larger eye circles from provolone slices.
3. I freehanded the beak with a paring knife and cheddar slice.
4. I used a large cake decorating tip to cut the inner eye parts (that sounds quite medical), from cucumber peel.
5. I freehanded the eye brows with a paring knife out of cucumber peel.
6. I used the leftover wax to create the head feathers.
7. Everything is "glued" together with dabs of cream cheese. 









4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for the directions!!! I've seen these a couple of times, and wanted to make them, but hadn't put the time into figuring quite how yet. I hope when they opened the box mass hysteria ensued :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! My daughter is looking over my shoulder and started squealing at the angry bird. lol.

    I found your blog on the What's for lunch linkup.

    http://www.theocmama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I also found you on the link up after I linked up my OWN Angry Birds lunch :)

    http://johnslunchbag.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/first-day-of-kindergarten-is-tomorrow/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love all of your bento boxes! My girls are nuts about Angry Birds right now so I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete